May 26, 2008

Tag, I'm...It?

Heyas,

Woohoo, first tag. *wipes away tear* I feel like I'm really blogging with the big kids, now. Soon, I'll be posting ridiculous quizzes, and darting into other blogs with "First!" posts and...

Oh, wait...no I won't. 'Cause that behavior irritates the bejeezus out of me! ;)

I do quite like memes like this, though...it's fun to get to 'know' other people I cyberstalk...er, I mean, follow the blogs of.

The rules: Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

Hmmm, 1998. Well, that was the year before I graduated high school, if that tells you anything. Actually, I did post-secondary options in high school, which meant that I took all of my classes at a local university for both high school and college credit. In May of 1998, I was sweating over my chem final ('cause yeah, numbers and science-type stuff kicks my kiester six ways to Sunday), locking my keys in my car with disturbing regularity (fortunately, I had a 1972 Dodge, so breaking in was ridiculously easy), and applying for summer jobs in town.

2. What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list today?

Grocery shopping, laundry, scrub the bathroom floor, scoop the catboxes, call my friend J. Granted, I'm sitting here doing a meme instead of getting any of that accomplished...but it's on my to-do list!

3. Snacks I enjoy:

Ben and Jerry's, pretty much any flavor (not so much a snack as a diet-destroying, willpower-withering, pint-sized cup of delicious glee...but whatever)

Green grapes

Pringles select Parmesan-Garlic flavor (see Ben and Jerry qualifier)

strawberries

I really hope the Imp introduces some more healthy snacks to me via cravings...it's no fun having to so stringently limit my intake of my favorite snacks.

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

Pay off my family's bills, houses, cars, etc.
Pay off my sisters' student loans
Pay off MY student loans
Take a world cruise
Find everyone on the NW board and fund their ttc attempts 'til they got their babies
International adoption
Donate computers, Smartboards, laptops, and LCD projectors to as many schools as I could afford
Take my students to Disneyworld
Take my family to Disneyworld

5. Places I have lived:

Hoo boy...former Marine brat, so be warned:

North Carolina, Alabama, Maryland, Japan, Texas, North Carolina again, Ohio, Nevada (yes, in Vegas...two blocks from the strip), North Carolina again, and hoping to move back to Ohio after the Imp is born.

6. Jobs I have had:

Summer school assisant
McDonald's minion
English/Language Arts tutor (yes, at age 16 and 17 in the university I took post secondary ops in...that went over well with the students I was tutoring)
Summer school teacher's aide
Summer janitor
Arby's minion
College snack bar minion
Wendy's minion
Local pool snack bar minion
Lunch lady...er, "cafeteria manager"
Teacher

Um...for the record, I never got fired from any of those jobs...I just move around a lot.

7. Peeps I want to know more about:

Faith
dreambaby
Cypher
er....everyone else has already been tagged with this!

Lovies,
Elfgirl

4 comments:

twondra said...

Wow, you have been around a lot! Thanks so much for doing this! It's really interesting! Did you get anything done on your list? :)

Us4 Cats said...

Hey girl, I too have lived all around this great big world (but I am not a military brat)....anyhow, yeh, jetsetter at early age but now am glad to finally be settled!!

Thanks for listing 'mwa' as someone to know. Perhaps I will get tagged (ahhhhh) and list some of my quarks or perhaps reading my blog offers some insight into my world, lol.

Great blog!


Faith aka(lo)
http://whatloknows.blogspot.com/

Us4 Cats said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Us4 Cats said...

okay girl...I got your tag and have since answered the questions into my blog.

fun!


faith aka(lo)
http://whatloknows.blogspot.com/