May 11, 2008

Inaugural Post

Woohoo, well look at me. Blogging with the big kids, and only what? Five years behind everyone else? Somewhat unusual for me in the tech arena...I'm usually pretty up on the bells and whistles of the internet. Gotta love all the happy, shiny tools that Bill Gates says we can't live without. And hey, are you gonna argue with Bill Gates? Yeah, me neither.

So, hello blogosphere. I'm Elfgirl, a 26-year-old middle school teaching, double-fisted cussing (no, I'm not entirely sure what that means, either), redheaded elf with an encyclopedic knowledge of all things sci-fi/fantasy and a rather unhealthy obsession with Dr. Who and Torchwood.

What? Gareth David-Lloyd is pretty.

I look forward to making this blog look a bit more interesting, and just generally filling up my little corner of the internet with my random ramblings. Should be a fun time--end-of-grade tests are coming up in my school and that's always a period that drives me just absolutely stark raving mad. And that's a pretty short drive to begin with. At least this year the district caught a bit of a clue and has the test days as half days. Have you ever had to literally sit and stare at twenty five sixth graders for three and a half hours while they take a test (not allowed to grade papers, or surf the net, or anything...just watch the kids), and then try to maintain some kind of order for a further four and a half hours after they've ben forced into inactivity for that amount of time? 'Taint pretty, and I'm one of the teachers that's willing to take them out and just let them run off some steam afterwards. I can't imagine what it's like for people that actually try to, you know, teach after a state-mandated test.

So hmm and huzzah, there's my first official blog post. Of course, I'm coming back in, like, five minutes to talk about other stuff, but I can't think of a sufficiently clever transition for the next subject, and I think super-long blog posts are kind of annoying anyway. Ciao!

Things Elfgirl is looking forward to: Indiana Jones 4, June 10th (last day for students)

Things currently annoying the crap out of her: The piece of rain gutter currently banging against the side of her residence, particularly since she called the landlord about it coming loose, oh, a MONTH AGO!!!!

Pretty boy of the moment: Gareth David-Lloyd...'cause *rowr*

No comments: