Jul 6, 2008

Going Ever So Slightly Insane

And that's a pretty short trip to begin with.

So July is here. Officially here. And you know who's officially three days off schedule? Yeah. The Crimson Fairy.

Bitch.

TMI alert, here, loves...you might wanna skip down a paragraph or two.

But seriously! I'm cramping like no one's business, my breasts are so sore that seatbelts are excrutiating if I don't sit it across my chest just right (and don't get me started on the bras...God, I wish I was small enough to go without) and I'm tired and irritable, and I JUST CAN'T BLEED!!!!

*whimper*

And okay, intellectually, I know that the human hormone system is more delicate than one might think. Excitement and stress of actually going for the Imp this month might have thrown me out of whack, I really want everything to go smooth, so Murphy's Law is probably laughing its ass off at me right now, and we've had some lovely family issues going on recently (seriously, it's a sad thing when you realize that you and your 25 year old sister are more mature and reasonable than all of your aunts and uncles...and let me say, money and property do very sad things to people.) and I KNOW that the schedule doesn't matter as long as I ovulate.

This might even work out well...as I'm now due to ovulate, like, three days before I leave for Africa...which would mean plenty of distraction during the TWW, and less time being pregnant in a foreign country when it takes. :) Did you notice the positive thinking there? Also, if it doesn't take, I'll have plenty to distract me and actually might be ovulating late enough in August that I'll be able to try again instead of waiting 'til September.

But it doesn't stop me from wanting to bang my head against a wall. Repeatedly.

Had a lovely Fourth, at least. Went out with my sisters, father, and uncle to see BOC (Blue Oyster Cult, for the uninitiated...they of "Don't Fear the Reaper" fame) and it freakin' ROCKED. Then stayed for the fireworks display in Columbus, which was even more awesome. All in all, a most successful evening.

But I think Food Network has spoiled me. How, you ask?

Well, we went out to Bd's for dinner...which is a great Mongolian Barbecue chain. Pretty awesome food. Any road, we got through our meal and then my sisters and I decided to splurge and get dessert. My sister's order this incredible looking caramel apple sundae, but I'm honestly not that fond of cooked fruit. So me? I go for the ice cream cookie sandwich.

And you know what they bring me?

A freakin' 99 cent ice cream cookie sandwich, still rock hard right out of the freezer and still in a freakin' plastic pouch!

Seriously...no chocolate sauce drizzle? No whipped cream? THAT'S the best you can do?

Maybe a bit elitist of me, but I sent it back. I mean, yeesh, I could have gotten THAT at a gas station. Not restaurant quality.

Yeah. Spoiled.

1 comment:

twondra said...

I would've sent that back too. Frustrating. I once ordered a hot chocolate and got the hot water and a pouch and had to mix it myself....and paid $1.59 when I could've bought that for like 10 cents. I will never do that again and I'm resorting to sending things back now. :)