Jul 30, 2008

Adventures in Knocking Oneself Up, Part Trois

Heyas,

Isn't it sad that the only reason I know how to say three in French is because it's part of the phrase that means threesome?

Anyway.

Well, nearing in on a week since my first insem. I don't know how it's going, really. Sometimes, I'm very optimistic, sometimes I think there's no way I'm pregnant right now. Normal, I suppose, but yeesh, very emotionally yo-yoish. Still not hitting the hyper-stressing out that I was expecting...but I teeter in between feeling like I got the Imp on the first try, and feeling like there's no way in Hell. I'm also consciously trying to be pessimistic, I guess, and telling myself that I'm being ridiculously overconfident in assuming I could ever have that kind of first-timer luck. This way, if it doesn't take, I won't be too devastated (I hope), and if it does take, it'll be a wonderful surprise.

Symptom-wise...I just don't know. There's been some tingling in the girls...definite moments where I've brushed up against them and been like "Whoa, ouch!". But I don't think there's been any swelling or darkening of anything. I'm feeling like I'm hungry more often...but as erratic as my eating schedule has been with trying to get a classroom put together and an apartment emptied and cleaned, I don't feel like I can trust that feeling. Temps are unreliable as well as my roommate keeps the house much, much warmer than I'm accustomed to...my BBT is always up from what it usually is, 'cause my room gets so damn hot at night. I'm slightly encouraged by the fact that my 'active' body temp seems to be up, even when I'm in an air-conditioned place...usually it hovers in the low 97's...lately it's been consistently almost 98.

I'm really scratching my head at the mucus in the ladybits...I've *never* had mucus this long. Since I started keeping track, I've had two or three days of barely-there 'slime', a day or two of REALLY heavy 'flow', and then maybe a day of the barely-there stuff again. Toilet tissue has been very mucus-y for going on eight days now. WTF?

One thing that is kind of encouraging me though...I feel *sick*. Nausea has been almost constant since a couple days after my first insem. At least once or twice a day, I feel like I'm thisclose to vomiting, and it never really goes away, but never gets bad enough to puke. I think if I was actually ill, it would've gone away or I would've paid homage to the porcelain gods a few times by now...stomach bugs don't last very long with me at all (hell, ordinarily I'm literally fine and dandy once I actually vomit). Also...last night we had Chinese, and the smell of D's sweet and sour pork actually got to me for a minute...it was really unpleasant.

Now, if any of you knew about me and my love affair with Chinese food, you would know that the idea of me not finding the scent of Chinese food appealing is, like, getting into Sign of the Apocalypse territory. I may not enjoy *eating* every type of dish, but I looooooove the way it smells.

But, then I think, "Am I psyching myself out?" I'm very good at stuff like that.

So...I dunno, Imp. Are you here with me? Are you not?

AF is due August 8th. I think I'm going to wait to test 'til the 14th, just to be sure.

Scary stuff, Imp...it'd be really cool if you could start rooting around here a bit...give Mommy some more concrete signs.

1 comment:

twondra said...

I hope those are good signs! They sound promising!!