Aug 8, 2008

Elfgirl's Adventures in Africa, The Return

Heyas,

Well, the country is still incredibly beautiful. D and I are still having an incredible time with our volunteer program. The kids are amazingly well-behaved...it's all "Yes, miss" and "No, miss" and "Excuse me, miss" and my favorite, "Does Miss have children?" (not yet, sweetie, working on it ;) )

Apart from our placement, D and I are just trying to experience as much of the culture and the country as possible. We're going down to the southernmost part of the Cape tomorrow, literally the spot where the Indian Ocean and the Atlantic meet. Supposedly, there's literally a line in the water where you can see the two waters clashing. I hope to get some incredible pictures.

Oh, and we get to see penguins. Gotta love the penguins!

D and I are planning on going up to the top of Table Mountain on Sunday...I think that's going to be an absolutely breathtaking view. Can't wait to get a few shots of that...I'm going to have so much to show my kids!

Some more pictures...Castle of Good Hope, the oldest building in Cape Town:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Another shot of Table Mountain:

Photobucket

And tomorrow, I hope to upload some shots we got from the Botanical Gardens we went to the other day. Lovely, lovely flowers, even in the dead of winter.

On the Imp-front...

I'm officially late.

Not REALLY late, but late.

The girls are killing me, the, ahem, nipple area is looking swollen and dark, my back hurts, it's still REALLY mucus-y "down there" and I'm still getting flashes of nausea.

I'm upgrading from "hoping, but trying not to get my hopes UP" to "cautiously optimistic". I have another three days before I can really say I'm LATE, late, so I think I might test this weekend.

What say you, Imp? Are you here?

1 comment:

twondra said...

Love the pictures! It's beautiful!

Hope it's a BFP! :)