Mar 13, 2010

We are NOT Amused....

So...

My school has apparently let our health insurance lapse.

We have evidently been without health coverage since February 1st.

We are still having deductions made from our paychecks every two weeks to pay for health insurance.

We were only made aware of the fact that our health insurance is no longer valid when one of our teachers tried to go to the doctor today and was informed there was a problem with her insurance card.

I am rather incandescently furious.

It's one thing to sometimes ask your staff to do duties outside their contract...frankly, we're a small school, and sometimes you just have to take one for the team. I don't particularly mind that. But one of our teachers just had a baby a couple months ago. Most of them have kids, and I know of at least two who are the ones their family gets insurance through. This isn't funny, and I am pissed as HELL that administration has apparently been keeping this from us.

Obviously, we're gonna ahve to wait 'til Monday to see what anyone has to say for themselves...but this is bloody ridiculous.

1 comment:

twondra said...

Oh, wow. I'd be ticked! Let us know what comes of it.