Mar 17, 2010

Okay...NOW we're amused

So....

One of the truly awesome things about being a teacher?

You occasionally get things like THIS across your desk:

Writing prompt:
Pretend you are on TV pitching your new product to a television audience. It can be any product you want (you can make up your own, or talk about something that already exists), but you must use your PERSUASIVE writing skills to convince people to buy your product. Please include details describing your product, at least three reasons why your product is something people should buy, and a conclusion. Bonus points if your product is zombie repellant.

*coughs*

Yes, I really was offering bonus points if the students wrote a cohesive response involving zombie spray. Sometimes I have to make my own fun.

Any road, I got this gem from one of my boys.

Hi! I'm _______________ and I'm here to talk to you about Rabies-Away. Rabies is a scary disease and no one wants to suffer from rabies. My product uses cutting-edge technology to kill all the rabies around your house. Just pour Rabies-Away on your lawn and you will never have to worry about rabies. Just imagine, do you want a big shot if you have rabies? No! here are three reasons why you should buy Rabies-Away. Reason one...rabies is a big problem in our state and my product protets you from it. Reason two...it is very reasonably priced. reason three...it is easy to use to keep rabies away from your house. So buy some Rabies-Away!!

Now, go back and read that response, but this time substitute the way the student ACTUALLY spelled "rabies":

Rabbis.

I about died laughing.

After the students had left, of course...this was actually really good writing for this student.

No comments: