Mar 25, 2010

I wonder if this kind of stuff would've happened had I named him Tarot...

Heyas,





So...for the first time in my adult life, I have hung curtains. Not that that's of any particular import. They're just off-white sailcloth, the first pair that came to hand for under twenty bucks, and I didn't even bother to iron them.





I guess, if you wanna get technical about it, I didn't actually bother to hang them, either. I remembered too late that I don't have a tape measure, a power drill, or a level, and damned if I'm gonna stand on a chair for half an hour with a screw driver and try to "guesstimate" if the brackets are level or not. So, I just rested the curtain rod in the empty brackets where the blinds that came with the apartment used to be.





Used to be, you ask?





Well, that would be because Marley tore down the blinds while I was at school today.





Literally, tore them down. Giant set of blinds, like four and a half feet wide (I have one big picture window in the living room of my apartment), totally ruined.





*sigh*





AND he managed to scare the crap out of me. I pulled into my parking space today (whilst on the phone with my dad) and suddenly realized that my blinds were hanging crazily, half off the window. Naturally, since Marley spends the day in a big honkin' crate, my immediate thought was that someone had bsted out the window and vandalized/burglarized my apartment. So I let out this gasp of horror, scream "I've got to go!" into my phone and hang up on my dad (probably giving him a heart attack in the process). I get out of the car, and notice to things.





One, the window is not, in fact, busted out. Therefore, whatever tore the blinds down has to be inside.





Two, there is a very familiar white and tan face staring out the window at me, bouncing happily in my armchair.





It also finally occured to me that I have nothing in my apartment worth stealing, but that's beside the point.





So yeah, Marley busted out of his kennel today and at some point ripped my blinds down. I have no idea how long he was out...or even how he GOT out. The kennel was still locked from the outside, and all the parts were intact. I have one of those wire collapsible kennels, so I suspect he SOMEHOW worked a side loose, got out, and it snapped back into place once he was through. But DAY-um.





It could've been worse. The blinds are annoying, but honestly, not that hard to replace. He didn't mess up anything else (which shocks the hell out of me...Marley has some separation anxiety issues and can be rather destructive when he's alone), or pee in the house that I've been able to find. He didn't even get into the trash. So, upshot, depending on how long he was out, I might actually be able to start leaving him out for small stretches of time when I'm gone (I hate locking him up in that kennel when I leave, and he's not fond of it either).





And I also have curtains.





But yeah, like I said...sometimes I wonder if I jinxed the hell out of us when I named him Marley. I mean, would stuff like this happen if I'd named him something else?

Or this?



Yes, that's my baby.

That's the tiny, little puppy whose pictures you can find elsewhere on this blog.

And yes, that's one of my bras around his neck.

How did he get one of my bras around his neck? I have no idea.

No comments: