Jan 23, 2010

Counteracting the Poison

'Cause yseterday just made me so angry.

Dear Universe,

Thank you for all the good things I have in my life right now. Thank you for the three boys that stopped the inane cheering during that fight in my room yesterday and dove in to restrain the two fighters while screaming, "man, get off my teacher!" after they saw the one hit me.

Thank you for last weekend, and the opportunity to hang out with my kid sister while she picked out her gorgeous wedding dress. Thank you for giving her a perfect mate in my future-brother-in-law.

Thank you for my grandfather's recent report of good health and for letting me have my two remaining grandparents in my life a little longer.

Thank you for the boy at the end of such a nasty day yesterday, who came to ask me such a minor thing as using my computer to look up a bus route for a friend of his in the high school, and his exclamation of "See, I told you, Ms. E's the best person on this hallway, man. She always has your back!" Such things are just what I need after days like that.

Thank you for my beautiful boy, Marley, and his unrestrained enthusiasm every time he sees me. Nothing quite like walking into an apartment and being greeted like you've returned from the dead.

Thank you for finally, finally seeing fit to give Tammy W. some real hope that she'll have her peanut in her arms soon, and thank you for her husband's recoveries and continued strength. Theirs is one story that truly deserves a happy ending and I'm glad it looks like they're gonna get it.

Thank you for my Mom. No elaboration necessary, just thank you for my awesome mother.

And silly as it sounds, thank you for decent Chinese food just a couple blocks away.

No comments: