Oct 18, 2009

Beside myself with WTF?

Heyas,

So...you know what I love? Those random moments in life where everything just freezes and you have to just go "WTF?"

Granted, I suppose it could be argued that my entire life is one long random moment of WTF? 'Cept then it would be neither random nor a moment.

Ahem.

Seriously, though, I think someday I'm going to write an entire book based solely on the incredible ridiculousness that seems to stalk me like a big...giant...stalking thing.

Hee, doncha love Blackadder? If you don't know what Blackadder is, high thee to youtube immediately and search. I personally like the Elizabethan era, but really all of them are brilliant examples of British humor. Rowan Atkinson is sublime.

Any road, yeah, so what is this random WTF moment currently grabbing my attention?

Well, fortunately, it's not nearly on the level of some of the other hijinx that this Elf has been through...more along the level of the latest 3 Doors Down video (seriously, the Geico cavemen? Wasn't the amusement factor of those guys gone, like, three years ago? Plus which, totally ruins the song for me...which is a shame, 'cause it's a pretty good song. But I digress. Though, this blog should be used to that by now.)

No, I'm sitting there watching Food Network, right? I love Food Network. Pretty much made of awesome...and it's convinced me that I can make seared scallops and absolutely have to have fresh ginger root on hand in my kitchen.

Also, I now tend to narrate my cooking like there's a camera crew in my kitchen.

One of these days I really am going to have to address this habit I have of talking to myself.

At any rate, so I'm watching Food Network, and Challenge comes on. Hee, I love Food Network Challenge...always amusing. And it being Halloween season, it's a pumpkin carving challenge. And I'm like, oooh, cool!

And then the host introduces..."some of the country's top pumpkin carvers"

And I'm all..."WTF?"

Seriously, how does one get to be a professional pumpkin carver, and by what criteria are the "top" carvers judged? Is there, like, a board of professional pumpkin carvers that hand out that honor?

Also, why did my high school counselor never mention that professional pumpkin carver was on the table?

1 comment:

twondra said...

Never a dull moment at your blog. You're so cute. :)